Food is a frequent topic of discussion at our house, and it seems like we’re not the only ones. As our son is nearing six months of age, I am starting to give a lot of thought to how to introduce him to solid foods and then how to encourage him to become “a good eater.” It seems like our friends with young children are struggling with these same issues. My intention with this blog is to document our family’s experience of how we’ve chosen to feed our child and what we learn along the way.
Food goals for Henry
· A child who enjoys eating a wide variety of foods
· A child who grows up healthy and strong
· A child who appreciates where food comes from
· A family that loves cooking and eating together
It is my aim to foster in Henry a love of good food and an appreciation for cooking and eating as a family. By introducing him to a wide variety of delicious and healthy food, I am hopeful that we can prevent Henry from becoming a picky eater. Looking down the road, I want to find ways to avoid future food struggles with a toddler by encouraging Henry to participate in growing and preparing what we eat.
What to expect from this blog
· Regular updates on how and what our family eats, including Henry’s eating behavior
· Discussions about feeding babies and children
· Conversations about food, nutrition and agriculture
· Recipes for busy families
· Family- and kid-oriented cookbook reviews